Basic Accounting Task 1 Reading activity
Answer these Questions in complete sentences
Why do you think accounting is seen as boring? Explain.
First of all, I think that getting bored within a study subject depends more on how much the person likes what they do, because it is not the same to do something that entertains you instead of doing something tedious. Now if I focus more on accounting from my perspective, I see that it can be boring because it tends to be or have very repetitive or cyclical processes that in each of them must do the same things to do accounts or prepare income statements. Obviously they not only do that, they have many other activities to do but that is the main thing and perhaps the most important part is the interpretation of the results produced. And, even more important to me, is to use those results, those interpretations to determine the future course of the business, whether they reinforce the actions that are taken as part of the business plan or change so that the vision continues to be achieved.And finally I feel that people are suggested because they believe that accounting is about very advanced mathematics, and many people from childhood did not like mathematics so they think that in accounting they can get bored by the same fact.
Which of the jobs mentioned would be most interesting for you? Give your reasons. It seems that being an auditor does not sound so bad mainly because it is mentioned that it is not something that does not have an established routine as other jobs can be. Also what caught my attention about this is that it is mentioned that you can have contact with many people and be working in different places so it would not be static in an office because personally I do not like feeling locked up.
Why is it so important for accountants to be ethical? Explain in detail.
Well, really in any profession in which we develop we have to have ethics. But I believe that an accountant must handle an ethic to allow himself to have a set of rules since there can be many tax breaks for example, and that is why they must be quite honest not to fall into such temptations.
Hello Ivan Martin. I agree with your first answer, when talking about accounting we always imagine someone who is working day and night without rest, but after reading the article it is clear to me that their activities are very interesting. Gj!
ResponderEliminaryou are absolutely right with your first answer, in the end it's all about perspectives
ResponderEliminar